Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

"Talent" Magazine Cover

0.5

First, I took a cute picture of my Jack Russell, Cricket.

water color

Next, I created a water color painting in Adobe Photoshop CS5.5. To do this, I created three copies of the image. Then I used a series of brushes on each layer. I also set the layer mode on each layer to a different mode, so all the layers would show through. Thus, creating an image that resembles a water color painting.

1

Third, I placed my water color image into an 8.5in by 12in canvas on Photoshop (magazine size), and sized it accordingly. Then, I placed my vector title, I had created before in Adobe Illustrator CS5.5, and scaled it accordingly.

2

Next, I created more text in Illustrator and placed it at the top of my magazine, resembling an issue of this magazine. With this step, I also placed a date for the magazine issue and I placed a barcode at the bottom left of the cover, again, to resemble the cover I chose.

3

Last, I created some cover stories. I created the text in Illustrator. The one cover story "Congratulations Lori Smith Art Contest Winner!" was created to tie in the water color image to the magazine. I really like how the cover turned out and I had a lot of fun creating it!

No comments:

Post a Comment